- Location: Charles City, Iowa
- Dates: 1992 - Current
Since 1992, Dean Snyder Construction has been meeting the construction needs of Cambrex, an international chemical and pharmaceutical company. DSC has completed several large projects for Cambrex, in addition to numerous projects completed on an as-needed basis.
- New Pharmaceutical Grade Addition: Managed and constructed a new 8,000 SF 2-story addition with only 30 weeks to design and build entire project, involves high-tech mechanical and electrical control systems
- New Office, Lab, and Warehouse: Designed and built a new 50,000 SF facility
- Pro Forma Addition: Construction Manager and General Contractor on a design-build addition
- Plant Addition: General Contractor on 3-story addition including a containment trench
- New Pilot Plant: General Contractor, DSC’s value engineering saved Cambrex over $60,000
- Office Addition: 11,300 SF two-story addition to expand office, research, and production space
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Update: Phased plan to update the plant by draining the two tanks, one at a time, and installing 23’ pilasters to reinforce the existing walls using the EFCO plate girder forming system. Crews also took out aeration and clarification equipment of the tanks so they can recoat the interior and then reinstalled it. They added walkways all the way around the tanks with guardrails and a confined space retrieval system for their operators to enter in the future.
- Pharma 4 Expansion: In 2015-2016, DSC completed the Pharma 3 project for Cambrex, which included the shell of the Pharma 4 facility to be finished at a later date. Early 2020, Cambrex approved a $20+ million expansion to build out the space and a 12’ x 30’ addition. The expansion, which will be operational in early 2022 and has an overall cost of $50+ million, will add 3 large-scale manufacturing work centers and 1 mid-scale work center to the facility in Iowa, increasing the site’s capacity by 30%.