Dean Snyder Construction is looking to hire Superintendents for projects in and around the Midwest.
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 8 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Willing to Travel
Specialty: Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare, Food & Beverage Processing, Pharmaceutical
This position is responsible for directing the activities of construction workers and for supervising construction projects daily. Duties include: initiating, carrying out, monitoring and assigning work to crews; working alongside crew members when needed; keeping jobs on schedule; performing inspections of projects; training employees and providing technical advice to crews; evaluating employee performance and approving weekly time cards; resolving issues with subcontractors, employees, customers, etc.; and, ensuring job sites are in OSHA compliance. Enforcing company general and safety policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for major projects – $1 million-plus
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of a construction project:
- Studies specifications and coordinates with project managers to plan procedures for construction on basis of the project schedule and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools, equipment, subcontractor’s scope of work and various building methods
- Develops two-week look-ahead schedules.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of construction crews to include:
- Coordinating crew members and subcontractors
- Delegating work, ensuring adequate staffing
- Ensuring that crews have the required materials and equipment, that work conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are adhered to
- Informing the project manager of any scheduling or cost issues.
- Works in the field with crew members to make sure that quality work is done efficiently to keep the project on schedule and under budget; serves as a hands-on resource for the crew at all times by being available for questions, discussion, and demonstration; maintains positive enthusiastic attitude to motivate the crew to increase productivity.
- Supervises employees including making hiring and termination recommendations; evaluating and documenting employee performance; approving schedules and time-off; training staff on unfamiliar tasks and safety issues as needed; enforcing company, state and federal policies; conferring with Human Resources Manager to resolve complaints within the workforce.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Coordinating, scheduling and delegating tasks;
- Functioning as a working superintendent;
- Supervising and gaining the respect of employees;
- Inventorying supplies and materials;
- Reading blueprints and engineering plans;
- Inspecting job sites for safety compliance;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, project managers, owners, subcontractors, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive or give work direction.
Valid Driver’s License.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flex Benefit Plan
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life insurance/AD&D ($15,000 per employee)
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays – Six days per year
- Paid Vacation – One week per year
- Personal Days
Hourly wage is negotiable, DOE.
Dean Snyder Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Call (641) 357-2283 for an application, apply online, or apply in person at 913 N. 14th Street, Clear Lake or 5151 SE Rio Court, Ankeny, IA 50021.APPLY NOW
← BACK TO EMPLOYMENT