LOCATION: Clear Lake
Position is responsible for directing the activities of construction workers and for supervising construction projects on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for major projects $1 million+
Responsible for day-to-day management of a construction project; studies specifications and coordinates with project managers to plan procedures for construction on basis of project schedule and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools, equipment, subcontractor’s scope of work and various building methods. Develops two week look ahead schedules.
Supervises day-to-day operations of construction crews to include: coordinating crew members and subcontractors; delegating work, ensuring adequate staffing; ensuring that crews have the required materials and equipment, that work conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are adhered to; and, informing the project manager of any scheduling or cost issues.
Works in the field with crew members to make sure that quality work is done in an efficient manner in order to keep the project on schedule and under budget; serves as a hands-on resource for the crew at all times by being available for questions, discussion and demonstration; maintains positive enthusiastic attitude to motivate crew to increase productivity.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.).
- Eight years of increasingly responsible construction and equipment operation experience, including two years of lead experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed above.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Coordinating, scheduling and delegating tasks;
- Functioning as a working superintendent;
- Supervising and gaining respect of employees;
- Inventorying supplies and materials;
- Reading blueprints and engineering plans;
- Problem solving;
- Inspecting job sites for safety compliance;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, project managers, owners, subcontractors, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive or give work direction.
Hourly wage is negotiable, DOE.
Dean Snyder Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Call (641) 357-2283 for an application, apply online, or apply in person at 913 N. 14th Street, Clear Lake; 5151 SE Rio Court, Ankeny, IA 50021; or 8720 S. 114th St., Ste. 80, La Vista, NE 68128.APPLY NOW
← BACK TO EMPLOYMENT