Dean Snyder Construction is accepting applications for a Project Manager + Estimator to join our team.
Position is responsible for managing a wide variety of construction projects and representing the company on assigned projects, working with the owner, architect, engineer, and subcontractors during the project development, construction and warranty periods. Duties include: directing the activities of job superintendents; preparing building budgets, estimates, taking bids for materials, purchasing and expediting supplies and materials, developing and updating schedules, processing and tracking change orders, coordinating staffing, making periodic job site visits to coordinate the activities of all work crews on assigned projects.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares building budgets, estimates, takes bids for materials, coordinates bidding subcontractors, negotiates pricing; analyzes design/construction problems and recommends solutions; coordinates close-out and warranty requirements.
- Responsible for managing a wide variety of construction projects; studies specifications and estimates worker-hour requirements in order to develop project schedules and phases based on knowledge of available tools, equipment, subcontractor’s scope of work and various building methods.
- Provides necessary project information to job superintendent and discusses project scope of work with job superintendent before project begin; works closely with job superintendent to solve construction-related problems and technical details; and assists job superintendent in communicating issues to the owner and responding to concerns and complaints.
- Coordinates and runs job site construction meetings; ensures job superintendents have the required staff, materials and equipment to complete projects; and, makes periodic job site visits to inspect and coordinate the activities of all crews on assigned projects.
- Purchases and expedites materials and tools for projects or directs job superintendent to do so; tracks payments to subcontractors and/or suppliers to ensure proper payments and monitors expenditures against project budgets; and, processes and tracks project change orders.
- Confers with job superintendent, subcontractors, and owners engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications and coordinating various phases of construction to resolve construction problems and prevent delays; and, serves as liaison between the owner and contractor on assigned projects.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Construction Engineering or related field
- Five years of increasingly responsible construction and equipment operation experience, including four years of lead experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed above.
- Capable of running projects under $5 Million with minimal direction from Senior PM.
- Maintains action items, RFI’s and Submittals.
- Estimating and budget under supervision of Senior Project Manager
- Construction techniques and applications
- Employee and equipment productivity
- Subcontractors scope of work
- OSHA regulations
- City, state and federal laws
- Company personnel policies
- Equipment uses and practices
- Project management
- Supervising and gaining respect of employees
- Developing and delegating tasks and projects
- Problem solving
- Inspecting job sites for safety compliance
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, owner, subcontractors, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive or give work direction
← BACK TO EMPLOYMENT