LOCATION: Clear Lake
DSC is a leading, fully integrated professional firm positioned to design, build, and manage projects for the industrial and food and beverage industries throughout the United States for public- and private-sector clients. We provide a blend of local knowledge, over thirty years of food/industrial experience, and practical experience in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects.
DSC has an immediate career opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our growing industrial team! Our corporate office is located in Clear Lake, Iowa, but position location is flexible. We have office locations in Clear Lake, IA, Ankeny, IA, and Omaha, NE. Opportunities will be throughout the United States.
Position is responsible for managing a wide variety of industrial construction projects and representing the company on assigned projects, working with the owner, architect, engineer, and subcontractors during the project development, construction, and warranty periods.
Duties include directing the activities of project managers, project engineers and job superintendents; preparing building budgets, estimates, taking bids for materials, purchasing and expediting supplies and materials, developing and updating schedules, processing and tracking change orders, coordinating staffing, making periodic job site visits to coordinate the activities of all work crews on assigned projects.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Construction Engineering or related field
- Ten years of increasingly responsible construction and equipment operation experience, including four years of lead experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed above.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- Construction techniques and applications
- Employee and equipment productivity
- Subcontractor’s scope of work
- OSHA regulations
- City, state, and federal laws
- Broad knowledge of food process and packaging
- Capable of managing multimillion dollar projects
- Maintains action items, RFI’s and Submittals
- Ability to budget, estimate and schedule projects (including food and beverage facilities)
- Project execution from planning to commissioning and startup of project
- Coordinates and runs job site construction meetings; ensures job superintendents have the required staff, materials and equipment to complete projects; and, makes periodic job site visits to inspect and coordinate the activities of all crews on assigned projects.
- Purchases and expedites materials and tools for projects or directs job superintendent to do so; tracks payments to subcontractors and/or suppliers to ensure proper payments and monitors expenditures against project budgets; and, processes and tracks project change orders.
- Prepares building budgets, estimates, takes bids for materials, coordinates bidding subcontractors, negotiates pricing; analyzes design/construction problems and recommends solutions; coordinates close-out and warranty requirements.
- Skilled in:
- Project management
- Supervising and gaining respect of employees
- Developing and delegating tasks and projects
- Problem solving
- Inspecting job sites for safety compliance
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, owner, subcontractors, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive or give work direction
← BACK TO EMPLOYMENT