LOCATION: Clear Lake
Dean Snyder Construction is hiring a Receptionist for our office located in Clear Lake, IA.
Position is responsible for performing clerical support activities which require routine decision-making and office experience.
- Answering, screening, and directing telephone calls
- Taking messages; greeting and directing visitors to appropriate persons and locations
- Typing and proofing a variety of correspondence including letters, memos, proposals, additional work authorizations, and brochures
- Preparing invoices for projects; assisting with payroll, accounts payable, opening, sorting, and distributing mail
- Copying documents, filing, ordering office supplies; and, providing support to marketing, human resources, and estimation/project management as needed
- Answers, screens and directs telephone calls; takes messages and provides answers and information; greets, ascertains nature of business; directs visitors to appropriate persons and locations; and, presents a professional image to customers, subcontractors, and the general public.
- Opens, sorts, distributes mail, prepares outgoing letters, contracts and plans for mailing; determines appropriate postage for mailings utilizing postage machine and scale; prepares shipping labels, wraps blueprints; and, coordinates the sending and receipt of FedEx and UPS packages using computer software. May collects the mail daily from the Post Office.
- Tracks receipt of subcontractor insurance certificates and enters data into specialized project management software.
- Types and proofs a variety of memos, correspondences, letters, meeting minutes, proposals, contracts, and other documents using various computer software programs.
- Assists with invoicing/billing (preparing invoices and bills, verifying invoices against computer records, copying tickets); tracks tickets, receipts, matching invoices to tickets, records paid invoices and time cards in job cost blue book;) and other tasks such as copying, filing, mailing payments, etc; assists payroll with calculating time cards.
- Performs data entry for company issued credit cards and may assist in the reconciliation of monthly credit card invoices.
- Provides clerical support, including but not limited to, correspondence, mailings, brochures, follow-up phone calls, database updating and filing.
- May assist employee recruitment through a variety of websites and print publications.
- Coordinates all pre-employment requirements to ensure references are checked, pre-employment drug testing and background verification is complete.
- Tracks and orders office supplies, comparing prices among vendors to obtain best value for price, tracks costs, and, maintains supply inventory.
- Serves as back up in making calls to subcontractors to verify plans to bid specific projects; coordinates calls and faxes on bid days to assist the project managers/estimators.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- One year of office experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed above
- Office equipment including computers, phone systems, copiers, fax machines, postage machines and calculators; Computer hardware and software applications – Microsoft Office; Sage Timberline Accounting software and procedures; Proper business etiquette and business communication rules; Filing systems.
- Ability to respond to a high volume of incoming calls and route them in a professional and courteous manner; Typing correspondence, letters, contracts, and proposals using MS Office programs; Ability to proofread and edit documents to ensure accuracy of correspondence and billings; Prioritizing and organizing daily work tasks; Indexing, alphabetizing and organizing materials; Utilizing customer service techniques; Performing data entry to update and maintain databases; Using office equipment; Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
← BACK TO EMPLOYMENT