Dean Snyder Construction is now accepting applications for a Project Engineer for our Ankeny location.
Position is responsible for analyzing blueprints and specifications to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, or processes and for providing engineering support such as engineering design, consultation and advice, preparation of contracts, and management and inspection of construction projects.
The Project Engineer is a stand-alone classification which is distinguished from other classes by its responsibility for preparing project estimates and performing administrative and professional engineering duties relative to design and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Structural or Civil Engineering, or related field with a minimum of two years engineering design or estimating experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed above
- Strong communication, organizational, and computer skills required
- Requires flexibility to travel to and work on construction job sites for extended periods
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, proposing negotiated work, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Reviewing data to determine material and labor requirements
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates for bids or negotiated work
- Conducts special studies to establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions
- Consults with clients, vendors or other individuals to formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Provides engineering support in the areas of design, contract preparation, and project management
DSC offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, ESOP, and 401(k) contributions.
Dean Snyder Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.APPLY NOW
← BACK TO EMPLOYMENT