LOCATION: Clear Lake
Position is responsible for performing skilled craftwork activities in the areas of carpentry, concrete and steel work and for serving as a lead to skilled and/or unskilled construction workers in the absence of a Job Superintendent.
Duties include: laying out areas for footings or walls, monitoring and assigning work to employees; coordinating, organizing, and overseeing construction projects and purchasing materials in the absence of a superintendent; operating and overseeing equipment operation; maintaining equipment; inspecting work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and adherence to work schedules.
The Foreman is the fourth level of an eight-level construction series. The Job Foreman is distinguished from the Skilled Construction Worker by its responsibility for coordinating tasks within a project and serving as a lead to other Skilled Construction Workers, Construction Workers and Laborers. The Foreman is distinguished from the Job Superintendent which has full supervisory authority and responsibility for determining means and process for overall project accomplishment.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- Six years of construction- related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed above.
Knowledge of (position requirements at entry)
- Carpentry, concrete work and steel erection
- Layout procedures and transit operation
- Equipment uses and practices
- Work zone safety and OSHA job site regulations
- Skilled craft techniques (specific knowledge of three trades, i.e., concrete, steel, carpentry)
- City, state and federal laws
- Company personnel policies
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Coordinating tasks and/or projects in foreman capacity
- Inventorying supplies and materials
- Operating and maintaining equipment
- Laying out areas and setting batterboards
- Monitoring employees and serving as crew leader
- Reading blueprints and engineering plans
- Problem solving
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Hourly wage is negotiable, DOE.
Dean Snyder Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Call (641) 357-2283 for an application, apply online, or apply in person at 913 N. 14th Street, Clear Lake; 5151 SE Rio Court, Ankeny, IA 50021; or 8720 S. 114th St., Ste. 80, La Vista, NE 68128.APPLY NOW
← BACK TO EMPLOYMENT