LOCATION: Clear Lake
Dean Snyder Construction is looking for a full-time Accounting Specialist for our Clear Lake office.
Position is responsible for performing accounting activities in support of billing, accounts receivable, credit cards, and auditing of accounts for Dean Snyder Construction. Duties include: preparing reports, sorting bills, coding expenses; entering invoices for payment; creating journal entries; and preparing a variety of financial reports as needed; may include compiling payroll data from time cards; reconciling errors; compiling invoices and supporting documents utilizing industry-specific software and/or Excel spreadsheets. The Accounting Specialist is a classification which is distinguished from other classes by its responsibility for performing fiscal duties in the areas of billing, accounts receivable, and account payable for Dean Snyder Construction. Position is cross-trained with other related positions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred; or
- Three years of related billing or bookkeeping experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed above.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as billing clerk or general accounting experience
- Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel)
- Working knowledge of construction accounting software or ability to quickly learn/use software
- Excellent math ability
- Accurate and reliable in handling accounts.
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness.
- Ability to audit and reconcile documents.
- Ability to proofread and edit documents to ensure accuracy.
- Prioritizing and organizing daily work tasks.
- Indexing, alphabetizing, and organizing materials.
- Performing data entry to update and maintain databases.
- Gather, calculate, compute, and record invoicing, accounting, and other numerical data for billing purposes
- Ability to research and comprehend sales tax requirements for contractors in multiple states.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intuitive, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well with limited supervision
← BACK TO EMPLOYMENT